Project 001: Street Traffic Light
Dive into the world of embedded projects with a classic: the traffic light system. This project guides you in designing a three-colored traffic light system using a microcontroller paired with a basic circuit setup.
Sequence of Operation
- Green Light: 10 seconds
- Solid Yellow Light: 3 seconds
- Blinking Yellow Light: 2 seconds (Blinks every 500ms)
- Red Light: Holds for 15 seconds
Did You Know? Traffic lights, dating back to their first installation in London in 1868, represent one of the foundational robotic systems impacting society. The three-colored pattern we recognize today was first seen in 1920.
Utilize the following diagrams to set up the LEDs with the microcontroller.
Figure 1: Schematic Diagram for Traffic Light
Figure 2: Connect the LEDs on the Breadboard
TCrossroad Traffic Light System
For a complete simulation, construct two traffic lights:
- North-South Direction
- East-West Direction
Each light will follow the sequence:
- Green for 10 seconds
- Solid Yellow for 3 seconds
- Blinking Yellow for 2 seconds (500ms interval)
- Both directions turn red for a brief 1-second pause, after which the cycle switches to the other direction.
|Device||Port.Pin||Signal Type||Module||Direction||Drive Mode|