Software Engineer / Network Engineer / Electrical Engineer
I have graduated from Cal State LA in 2012 with M.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering specializing in Computer ares. Currently, I am a lecturer at California State University of Los Angeles and teach the computer related courses.
- Semi-Autonomous Robotic Project, Head-Tracking Control System.
- EaglePSoC Development Board design (EagleSoC Board)
- EZ-PSoC LIB for EagleSoC Board (EZ-PSoC LIB)
- Cube-Sattelite Project
- 20+ years experience in C/C++ programming, software engineering, software development, software architecture, software development methodology and practices, web, internet, intranet, distributed application, multi-threading and parallel computing applications, client/server, object-oriented analysis and design.
- 5+ years experience in microprocessor control, computer control system with PLC (programmable logic controller), and firmware development for microprocessor, sensors, FPGA and hardware design.
- 5+ year experience in IT/Networking, strong knowledge of LAN/WAN security policies and procedures.
- Provided training to clients in application of new technologies. Tailored application and training to fit clients' needs, and resources.
- Solid technical background and current IT knowledge. Broad-based experience ranging from micro-control applications and client/server applications to latest internet/web parallel application development. Learn new technologies and practices quickly.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills. Career history includes many examples of creative solutions using available tools and technologies. Understand and view projects within larger context of client or management goals.
- Computer Language:
C/C++, 8088/Z80/PIC/8051 Assembly, HTML/PHP,
- Windows-based applications using:
CodeGear C++ Builder, COM, DCOM, NT service applications, XML, Multi-threading applications, Internet Applications, and Parallel computing system
- Object-oriented analysis and design using:
- Client/server and Database applications using:
CodeGear C++ Builder, InterBase Server, My-SQL / Microsoft SQL Server, Access, DbExpress, ADO, Multi-Tier Applications
- Networking skills:
TCP/IP, Ethernet, Cisco Router/Switch/Hub, Mikrotik RouterOS, Internet Security and Bandwidth Control, Firewall, Voice over IP, VPN Connection
- CISCO CCNA Training:
Routing Protocols and Concepts, Network Fundamentals, Wide Area Networks
- Embedded system using:
Windows CE, Windows Embedded XP and Windows Embedded Standard 7, Embedded Linux, Cypress PSoC
- Hardware design using:
FPGA design using Xilinx ISE Design Suite, the firmware for USB controller, Keil uVision SDK, VeriLogger, MATLAB, LabView, VadSoft Eagle PCB design
- Desktop applications using:
Microsoft Office, VMware virtual machine, Apple MAC OS X, Windows OS, Windows Home Server
California State University, Los Angeles, CA
Part-time Instructor– 2014 Fall Quarter - Present (Link)
2016 Fall Semester ~ 2018 Fall Semester
- EE-2450 Embedded Programming - I
- EE-3450 Embedded Programming - II
- EE-4450 Embedded Architectures
- EE-4480 Advanced Digital Design
- Senior Design Advisor
2014 Fall Quarter ~ 2016 Spring Quarter
- EE-244 Digital Design
- EE-345 Microcomputer Programming
- EE-445 Microprocessor Interface Design
- EE-446 Embedded Architectures
- EE-449 Computer Organization and Design
NASA S.P.A.C.E Lab @ California State University, Los Angeles, CA
Graduate Research Assistant – Apr 2011 – Aug 2014
- Developed an Embedded System for EE-446, included a Windows application, USB firmware, FPGA, and full handshaking protocol.
- Students can learn from this system: (1) how to send/receive the USB data in the Windows application, (2) how to develop USB firmware (8051 core), (3) how to design the FPGA code using verilog, and (4) how to define and develop a full handshaking protocol in hardware and software.
- The EE students also can learn from this system about the embedded system development, which included a user application (Windows GUI), a data transmission (USB interface), and a data processing (FPGA hardware processor).
- Lead the team to develop the Mobile Robot project. The system included PSoC controller, Host PC, embedded robot PC, and sensors.
- Developing the software APIs for hardware sensors that connected with microcontroller using I2C, SPI, and UART interfaces. (Cypress PSoC5, TI MSP430, Atmel AVR)..
CSULA-NASA SERENADES Lab., Los Angeles, CA
CSULA - AERO INSTITUTE COOPERATIVE - NSF S-STEM @ CSULA
Research Assistant – Aug 2005 – Mar 2011
- Created the experiments for student – (a) "The experiment for Windows CE Embedded System" (EE-499), (b) "The Handshaking Protocol for M68HC11 Experiment" (EE-445), and (c) "Share Memory Access between the Multiprocessors in the Windows Platform" (Lab).
- In the (a), students can learn: (1) how to create and deploy an embedded image, (2) how the system performance in different hardware configurations.
- In the (b), designed a MSG Component for THRSim (a M68HC11 simulation program), so student can easy learn how to program the M68HC11 with the peripheral using Full handshaking Protocol.
- In the (c), designed a system to present how to exchange the message between the different processes and/or threads in Windows OS system.
Developed a Tuple-space parallel transaction system for the Telecommunication applications.
- Developed a Tuple-space parallel transaction system for the Telecommunication applications. (For Conference Paper)
- Designed a fault tolerant database server with Tuple Space system. (For Thesis)
Laban Pen, Fullerton, CA
Network/IT Engineer – Aug 2004 – Aug 2005
- Developed an e-commerce web site to sale the products on internet.
- Built the VPN system for Manager to access internal network from Outside.
- Maintained the networking, computers, and Windows server.
- Built the VoIP system for Taiwan and USA office.
Euston Investment Inc., Diamond Bar, CA
Database Engineer/IT Engineer – Oct 2003 – Jul 2004
- Design, implement and maintain enterprise-level web-base applications with database interfaces using a variety of tools/languages.
- Administrate the network activity – online transactions, emails, traffic monitor and tracking
Happywork Information Technology Co., Taipei, Taiwan
Project Manager/Sr. Software Engineer – Aug 1999 – Jul 2001
- Led the team to develop the systems for the governmental projects.
- Led a team to design and implement the CIM system (Card Issue Machine) - Smart Card Project for Taipei Rapid Transit Corp.
- Participated in drawing up system specifications and functions for ETC system (Electronic Toll Collection Project).
- Designed a Short Message Service interface (SMS, a text messaging service) for Far Eastone Telecom Co., to provide a service for their customer send message to mobile phones via the internet.
Enlite Computer and System Information Co., Taipei, Taiwan
Senior Software Engineer – Oct 1998 – Jul 1999
- Developed the internet applications, computer control systems and homepage for the several companies in Taiwan.
ASTOR International Enterprises Co., Taipei, Taiwan
Software Engineer/Network System Engineer – Mar 1994 – Sep 1998
- Designed Network System, Internet, Firewall, Network/Voice/Fax Integration System, Proxy Server, eMail Server, and Fax Server
Veridata Electronics Inc., TaoYuan, Taiwan
Software Engineer – Mar 1993 – Feb 1994
- Designed a system to support Power Management function under Windows 3.1/95 for the Notebook computers using C++, Assembly.
California State University, Los Angeles, CA
M.S., Electrical Engineering - 2012
GPA: 3.950 / 4.000
California State University, Los Angeles, CA
B.S., Electrical Engineering - 2009
GPA: 3.534 / 4.000
LungHwa University of Science and Technology, TaoYuan, Taiwan
A.A., Electrical Engineering - 1990
GPA: 3.550 / 4.000
- "The Effect of Return Path Current on Analog Sensor Readings in Mixed-signal Embedded Applications", Airs Lin, A. Milshteyn, M. Garcia, K. Rad, C. Liu, K. Dajani. European Conference on Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS 2017), Bern, Switzerland, November 17-19, 2017
- "Virtual Reality Head-Tracking Observation System for Mobile Robot", Airs Lin, A. Milshteyn, G. Herman, M. Garcia, K. Rad, D. Guillaume, C. Liu, H. Boussalis. 3rd Mediterranean Conference on Embedded Computing (MECO) 2014. June 15-19, 2014.
- "Cooperative Semi-Autonomous Robotic Network for Search and Rescue Operations", G. Herman, A. Milshteyn, Airs Lin, M. Garcia, K. Rad, D. Guillaume, C. Liu, H. Boussalis. 16th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) 2014. June 22-27
- "Implementation of Direction Cosine Matrix on a PSoC-5 Microcontroller for Robot Localization on Inclined Terrains", G. Herman, A. Milshteyn, Airs Lin, M. Garcia, K. Rad, D. Guillaume, C. Liu, H. Boussalis. 8th International Conference on - iii - Circuits, Systems, Communications and Computers (CSCC 2014), July 17-21, 2014
- "Bandwidth Analysis of Ubiquitous Video Conferencing Application", E. Tsai, G. Nunez, S. Mendoza, N. Arellano, J. Estrada, A. Lam, Airs Lin, G. Carter, S. Beltran, A. Milshteyn, JP. Adigwu, C. Liu, H. Boussalis. WINSYS 2012, the International Conference on Wireless Information Networks and Systems, July, 2012
- "Implementation of a Touch-based Graphical User Interface for Semantic Information System", E. Tsai, G. Nunez, S. Mendoza, N. Arellano, J. Estrada, A. Lam, Airs Lin, G. Carter, S. Beltran, A. Milshteyn, JP. Adigwu, C. Liu, H. Boussalis.International Conference on Computer Graphics and Virtual Reality (CGVR), July, 2012
- "Fast Prototyping of an Image Encoder using FPGA with USB Interfacing", Airs Lin, E. Tsai, G. Nunez, G. Carter, N. Arellano, J. Estrada, A. Lam, S. Mendoza, A. Milshteyn, Dr. Helen Boussalis, Dr. Charles Liu, The 2012 World Congress in Computer Science Computer Engineering and Applied Computing, Las Vegas, NV, USA, July 2012
- "The Performance of Ubiquitous Video Conferencing Application", E. Tsai, G. Nunez, S. Mendoza, N. Arellano, J. Estrada, A. Lam, Airs Lin, G. Carter, S. Beltran, A. Milshteyn, JP. Adigwu, C. Liu, H. Boussalis. The 11th International Conference on e-Learning, E-Bussiness, Enterprise Information Systems, and e-Government 2012, July, 2012
- "On-Chip Parallel Processing Using Tuple-Space Programming and Its USB Interfacing for Reconfigurable Computing", Airs Lin, Graduate Thesis, California State University Los Angeles, USA, March 2012
- "Implementation of a High-Available Parallel Transaction System for Mobile Multimedia Communication." Airs Lin, Kelcie Quach, Wenwei Zhu, Ye Lin Aung, and Charles Liu, The 7th World Multiconference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics (SCI 2003). Orlando, USA, July 2003
- "Automatic Guided Vehicle System", Airs Lin, Electronics Information Magazine, Electronics Information Multi-Media Co., Ltd, Taiwan