Lesson 07: Create an ARM C/C++ Application with Keil μVision MDK-ARM
In this lesson, you will learn how to create a C/C++ language project with the basics of the Keil μVision MDK-ARM development system.
Create a folder, named "EE3450", in your windows desktop. Then create sub-folders inside the "EE3450" folder as the following structure:
You have to install the Keil μVisio and the drivers for the TI Tiva LaunchPad board first, and then follow the next article to learn how to create a C project with Keil μVisio.
1. Create a C/C++ Project
Startup Keil μVision 5
- Launch Keil µVision5 by clicking on the icon from the desktop or find this program from the "Start" menu, "All Programs" on your computer. You will see the following screen.
Create a new Project for the Tiva LaunchPad Board
Next, you will use Keil μVision to create C/C++ project and execute this program on your target Tiva board.
Before you create a new project, it is recommended that you create a folder to store all your projects and files. For example, you can have a folder EE3450 ready beforehand.
Let's create your first ARM μVision project now.
- In the main μVision menu, select Project ➤ New µVision Project. The Create New Project window opens up.
- Select the project folder that you have prepared, assign this project the following name: MyFirstARMC, then click on the Save button.
- The Select Device for Target 'Target1'... window opens and you have to select which processor family will be usedTexas Instruments ➤ Tiva C Series ➤ TM4C123x Series" and from the new list select TM4C123GH6PM. Click OK
board: from the list of devices select "
- Texas Instruments➤Tiva C Series➤TM4C129x Series", and from the new list select TM4C1294NCPDT. Click OK board: from the list of devices select "
- Click OK and the Manage Run-Time Environment window opens and shows the related software components for the device.
There are two components that must be selected in your C project for the Tiva LaunchPad board. In the Manage Run-Time Environment window, select the following components for your project:
- Click "OK" to close this window.
- Two files are added to your project:
This file has reset handler and exception vectors (include stack and heap configuration)
This is a configuration file for basic device setup (clock and memory bus)