Lab 07: Basic Circuit and Divider Rules
- Become familiar and organized Circuit Kit for the semester.
- Become familiar with a breadboard with the lab power supply and review the measurement of voltage, current, and resistance using a Digital Multimeter (DMM).
- Digital Multimeter (DMM)
- Power Supply
The equivalent series resistance Rseries is the sum of the individual resistances:
Key properties of a series circuit are:
- the current through all components is the same.
- the voltages across all components must added up to the source voltage, according to
The equivalent parallel resistance Rparallel is given by:
Key properties of a parallel circuit are:
- the voltage across all components is the same.
- the current through all components must add up to the source current, according to