Lesson 00: General Requirements for FPGA Laboratories
Hello, welcome to the world of Embedded Systems.
In this section, you will learn about FPGA design using the Intel (Altera) MAX-10 FPGA board. Therefore, I recommend you download and install the development software on your computer in order to practice in your free time.
You must have an FPGA development board. In this lecture, I recommend you to get the Terasic DE-10 Lite board.
Terasic DE-10 Lite
Terasic DE-10 Lite is a cost-effective Intel(Altera) MAX-10 based FPGA board. This board has many features that allow users to implement a wide range of designed circuits, from simple circuits to various multimedia projects.
- Intel (Altera) MAX-10 10M50DAF484C7G chip
- Integrated dual ADCs, each ADC supports 1 dedicated analog input and 8 dual function pins
- 50K programmable logic elements
- 1,638 Kbit M9K Memory
- 144 18x18 Multiplier
- 4 PLLs
- On-board USB blaster
- 64MB SDRAM, x16 bits data bus
- On 2x20 GPIO Connector (Voltage levels: 3.3V)
- Arduino Uno R3 Connector, including 6 ADC channels
- 4-bit Resistor VGA
- 10 LEDs
- 10 Slide Switches
- 2 Push Buttons
- Six 7-Segment Display